Friday, February 1, 2013

28 day challenge - day 1!

Today started with an early morning wake up call - 5:30 AM pilates. Like I tweeted earlier, you shouldn't ever have "5:30AM" and "pilates" in the same sentence. It didn't end up being that bad - after the initial shock, it was actually kind of fun. It certainly made the morning go by faster, and I was wide awake for my 8AM class.
MEALS!

For breakfast, Jefferson cut me up some fruit, and I had a little bit of oatmeal with apples, flax seed, and a tiny tiny bit of agave syrup. 

On the way to school I stopped and got my free starbucks drink (free drink on your birthday, yo) - a decaf, soy latte. 

For lunch, I made myself a salad with lettuce, bell pepper, and celery. I used some of the trader joes balsamic vinaigrette for dressing - even though I'm technically not supposed to have oil, I only used a super tiny bit. Just for flavor. 

For dinner, I went out with my husband and parents. We went to Plaza Ventana for my birthday dinner. I had veggie fajitas (had mushrooms, onions, squash, and peppers), with black beans and guacamole on the side. I got corn tortillas, since the waiter wasn't sure if they used lard in the flour ones. 

My dear husband, Jefferson, bought me a vegan cake from Charlottes BakerEatery to celebrate my dinner. It was a white cake, with white frosting, but it had creamy fresh fruit layers in between. 

Rockin it so far. I can't wait to see what the rest of the month will bring me.

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment