Saturday, February 16, 2013

E2 challenge - resources

I thought I would write a blog about some of the things I've been using to get through the 28 day challenge.

Blogs

Serious Eats has been a favorite blog of mine, even in my non-vegan days (ya know, 18 days ago). The site is a little hard to navigate sometimes, but if you're not looking for something specific, it can really be inspiring. Like -

frito boat


Frito boats. I don't even need to say any more. I filled my bowl up with Fritos, Trader Joe's organic vegetarian chili, some avocado, red onions, salsa, and chopped tomatoes. 

Vegan Lunchbox has been another favorite. I've made a few things from here (like the amazing pita pockets), but I want to make everything! The blog itself is so colorful, and just filled with one amazing recipe after another. 

A few of my dessert recipes have come from Oh She Glows. This is another site that seems like it's spot on every time. 





Books

I already wrote once about The Kind Diet. It's been a great resource to have.

I just picked up Vegan Cooking for Carnivores  from the library. At first glance it seems like a lot of the recipes rely on fake meat products. They seem simple though, and I've bookmarked a few recipes to try. 

I'll add more as I think of them. 

Tracy


No comments:

Post a Comment