Sunday, July 14, 2013

spinning sundays - catching up with TDF

I've spun everyday during the TDF. This is my 3rd year participating, and every year I say I'm gonna spin everyday, but I don't. It's a lot easier this year since I'm currently unemployed! whoot. (or something..)
first yarn done!
I've been working on a couple skeins of yarn. The first was the one I posted about previously, which is now on sale in my etsy shop.
midnight sheep fiber
The next one was my goal for TDF. I had 2 4oz braids of this merino that I got from midnight sheep on etsy. They were both dyed in the same gradient - from light blue gradually to darker blue. I spun both the same way, and then plied them together. The resulting yarn has the same gradient - gradually moving from light to dark blue. I haven't decided if I want to keep this one or not, although I'm pretty attached to it. It might end up in the shop eventually.
the many faces of morris the dog, spinning mascot.
The next one that I'm working on is a blue/brown/yellow striping fiber that I got from maude and me. I'm trying to preserve the blocks of color, so I'm spinning it super thin and I'm going to navajo ply it, which is basically hand crocheting while you're plying. It'll make the finished yarn have stripes where the same color matches up, instead of looking splotchy or marbled like the blue one does.

That's it for this week.

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment