Monday, July 29, 2013

meatless monday: another peach cake

Last weekend, I volunteered to help cook and serve at the Masumoto's annual adopt a tree picking day. In exchange, the volunteers were given a few of each of their Elberta peaches and Le Grand nectarines.
the elberta peach. a beauty!
The first recipe I made was this peach crumble. I've been craving coffee cake, but, since Jefferson doesn't love coffee cake, I wanted to find something that tasted like coffee cake but looked like regular cake! (sorry hubs, guess I let my secret out).

Either way, this cake was delicious. I halved the recipe and ended up only using 2 of the elberta peaches. Other subs included flax seed egg instead of regular, almond extract instead of vanilla (ran out!), coconut milk yogurt instead of sour cream, and, strangely enough, cumin instead of cardamom powder. 

It was just fine without the glaze, but Jefferson wanted some, so I just added a tiny bit of powdered sugar mixed with a tiny bit of water. I swirled it on with a fork. 

Tracy 

No comments:

Post a Comment